1 3/4 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup melted butter, cooled plus 1/2 cup applesauce OR 1 cup melted butter
3 bananas- mash 2 with a fork and dice one
1 cup chopped pecans (you can also use walnuts or almonds)
1 cup granola- any kind is fine
1 cup shredded coconut plus 1/4 cup shredded coconut to top muffins with before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter and set aside to cool. (or 1 cup if you are skipping the applesauce)
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium size bowl stir together your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mash 2 bananas with a fork and chop the remaining banana
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs lightly then add the remaining wet ingredients: milk, vanilla, melted butter, apple sauce, and the mashed bananas- save the diced banana for just one more step.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. There will be a few lumps.
- Fold in the diced banana, granola, nuts, and 1 cup of the coconut.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle the top with the remaining coconut.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes in your preheated oven, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.