These nuts are the perfect thing to throw together for unexpected company. They take under 5 minutes to make and are delicious. This recipe is so versatile and can be used with any kind of nut and any kind of herbs to create many different results.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves- or any kid of nuts you want
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1-2 teaspoons of rosemary, thyme or any other spices that you like. They are delicious with cumin and some chili pepper for a mexican flair or how about some oregano and rosemary for Italian night. (optional)
- In a frying pan, over medium heat, add the butter and sugar, stir until butter is melted.
- Add the pecans and continue to stir until pecans begin to get golden brown and toasted about 1 minute.
- Add the cayenne and any other herbs you'd like and stir for an additional 15 seconds.
- Remove from heat and let the nuts cool.
- These are great on a salad or with drinks before dinner.